Botany professors are graduates of agriculture undergraduate degrees with specialization in the field of Botany in their Master’s and/or Doctorate degrees. Botany focuses on the study of plants, thus Botany professors must be highly knowledgeable about different kinds and species of plants as well as their properties, uses, and the processes involving plants. Botany professors commonly have a love for plants and are greatly interested in planting and farming. They are familiar with farming systems and can also be commissioned in conducting research involving plants, often for medicinal properties.
Sample Botany Professor CV Template
London, WC2E 7HU
Knowledgeable and efficient professional is searching for employment as a botany professor in an academic institution where opportunities for career advancement are provided.
Summary of Qualification
- Possess six years of experience working as a botany professor.
- Excellent memory and knowledge of plants from around the world.
- Skilled in identifying rare plants and familiar with traditional plant names.
- Exceptional skill in social and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of handling graduate and undergraduate students.
- Experienced in data gathering and analysis.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Botany Professor, London University
- Handle five courses with two classes each for every semester.
- Has experience in taking additional administrative tasks.
- Has experience in leading university committees.
- Conduct research about rare and medicinal plants in Asian countries.
1999 – 2003: Master of Science in Botany, London University
1995 – 1999: Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.