Clinical Psychiatrists are doctors who specialize in providing mental health care. They assess patients suspected of mental illnesses and prescribe treatment with a combination of psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, and drug medication. They confirm patients suffering from psychosis, neurosis and schizophrenic disorders who are often in denial mode to want to get Psychiatric help. Clinical Psychiatrists are also consulted or employed in mental institutions as was as tapped for testing alleged criminals claiming temporary insanity.
Sample Clinical Psychiatrist CV Template
Dr. Elizabeth B. Mason, PhD.
Thames St, Oxford, England
To work as a Clinical psychiatrist for a large metropolitan hospital
1996 – Present: Clinical Psychiatrist, Royal Mental Diagnostic Center, Oxford
- Conduct psychotherapy sessions on regular basis with patients who show promise in be treated with behaviour modification.
- Conduct psychoanalytic sessions with patients to understand underlying cause of neuropathic and psychopathic behaviour
- Design psychotherapy programs for various behavioral disorders.
- Conduct psychiatric evaluations of felons and criminals as requested by a judge in securing 3rd party independent legal testimony
- Visit and counsel trauma patients as requested by attending physicians to help them recover.
- Maintain database of patient psychiatric records.
- Ensure all psychoanalytic sessions are recorded and have them medically transcribed for archiving purposes.
- High analytical, deductive and reasoning skills in evaluating a patient’s statements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
1994 – 1996: Internship with specialization in Psychiatry at the Oxford University Medical Center,
1991 – 1994: College of Medicine, Oxford University
1987 – 1991: BS in Biology, Lewisham College, London
Can be provided upon request