Medical doctors specializing in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of female reproductive ailments are gynecologists while those who specialize in caring for pregnant, and post-natal patients are obstetricians. But it is quite common that both disciplines go together and medical practitioners specializing in both are called OB/GYN physicians.
Sample Obstetrician and Gynecologist CV Template
Dr. Frank T. Gerber, PhD.
Victoria Rd., Birmingham, England
Phone: 0121 221 2287
To work as an Obstetrician/Gynecologist in a large metropolitan hospital or maternity clinic
2002 – Present: Obstetrician and Gynecologist, St. Patrick Maternity Clinic, Birmingham
- Provide medical attention for women during menstrual periods, conception, pregnancy, birth and post-partum stages.
- Discuss with expectant mothers about reproductive health, child birth procedures, and other maternal concerns.
- Monitor reproductive health conditions and treatment progress and document findings and observations.
- Re-evaluate treatment programs as necessary.
- Assist parents to increase tolerance in labor pains.
- Determine if normal or caesarian childbirth is in order.
- Perform cesarean sections as may be needed to preserve both mother’s and baby’s health.
- Refer patients to specialist when suspecting ailments beyond capacity to treat.
- Keep abreast with developments in the discipline.
- Excellent social, interpersonal and communication skills to interact with patients and hospital staff.
- Strong ability to work under extreme pressure of childbirth and delivery procedures.
1994 – 1996: Internship with specialization in urology at the Harvard Medical Center,
1991 – 1994: College of Medicine, Harvard University
1987 – 1991: BS in Biology, Lewisham College, London
Can be provided upon request