Arriving at the country’s port of entry, you’d be screened by an Immigration Officer whose responsibility includes scrutinizing your passport and visa to ensure they’re in order, not faked and that your name is not in the blacklist. They screen foreign nationals entering the UK territory, defining the extent of their stay in the country based on the issued visas, interrogating suspicious nationals, ordering the detention of over-staying or unauthorized immigrants, and filing deportation cases. They can also be stationed overseas in consulates where they assist in processing VISA applications.
Sample Immigration Officer CV Template
Melissa Z. Prescott
Holborn St., London, UK
To be part of the government’s team of Immigration Officers assigned at any of the country’s points of entry
2003 – Present: Immigration Officer, UK Immigration Services Bureau, Gatwick
- Ascertain eligibility of foreign nationals seeking entry to the UK by checking travel documents against UK Immigration Databases, allowing or rejecting entry accordingly.
- Interrogate nationals with suspicious travel documents, those that matches blacklisted nationals or those with face passports and visas
- Alert airlines for possible immediate deportation when applicable
- Apprehend persons in violation of immigration laws and initiate deportation as necessary
- Excellent command of computer database systems
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills in dealing with Filipino and Hispanic immigrants, both legal and illegal.
Received commendations from the Bureau since 2006 for successful immigration control that prevented more than 8,000 illegal aliens from entering the country
2002 – 2005: In-house training on UK Immigration laws and procedures.
1999 – 2003: BS Psychology, Kingston University, Surrey
To be furnished upon request