Warehouse assistants work in the shipping industry or may also be hired by large companies handling their own large warehouse. Warehouse assistants are primarily responsible for receiving and verifying that all incoming shipments are accurate. Their responsibility also includes sorting the shipments and placing them on proper shelves or storage areas based on the storage standards and system of the company. Warehouse assistants must make sure that all materials are also correctly marked with identifying information for easy location and record-keeping. They respond to technician requests and are responsible for locating and distributing materials and other stock items needed. In addition, warehouse assistants prepare all merchandise and get them ready for shipment.
Sample Warehouse Assistant CV Template
Birmingham, West MidlandsB19 0PE
Organized and efficient individual seeking work as a warehouse assistant in a company where I can perform my duties with utmost quality and patience.
Summary of Qualification
- With two years of experience working as a warehouse assistant.
- Familiar with proper inventory and storage systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to work extended hours and night shifts if necessary.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills.
- Patient and effective worker.
Career Experience/Job History
2008 – Present: Warehouse assistant, Best Shipping Company
- Responsible for maintaining inventory records using a computerized system.
- Order needed equipment and supplies and complete needed forms.
- Assist with the delivery of all cargo and merchandise.
- Help in loading stock items for shipment.
Possess a high school diploma with a good GED.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.